1. Betty Wright – Clean Up Woman Sample
2. Jimmy Bo Horne – Spank Sample
3. Little Beaver – Party Down Sample
4. Gwen McCrae – Rockin’ Chair Sample
5. Steve Alaimo & Betty Wright – The Smoke Is Gone Sample
6. Latimore – Let’s Straighten It Out Sample
7. Peter Brown – Do You Wanna Get Funky With Me Sample
8. The Charms – Hearts Of Stone Sample
9. Timmy Thomas – Why Can’t We Live Together Sample
10. Foxy – Get Off Sample
11. T-Connection – Do What You Wanna Do Sample
12. Clarence Reid – Nobody But You Babe Sample
13. Wilson Pickett – The Best Part Of A Man Sample
14. Miami f/ Robert Moore – Party Freaks Sample
15. James Brown – Rapp Payback Sample
* WHO IS HENRY STONE?
Henry Stone is noted as one of the handful of individuals that started the independent movement in the music business. His involvement was key in bringing the music industry to the world. Henry Stone, dubbed the Godfather of Florida & Miami Soul, R&B, Blues, & Dance, has been an instrumental part of the music industry in Miami and throughout the world as both an independent record label owner and distributor. Stone found his niche after WW II by selling records from the trunk of his car.
In the early 1950s he was one of the first to record Ray Charles. He found and recorded James Brown as early as 1955. Also in 1955 he had his first million selling record with the Charms singing “Hearts of Stone”. In the 1960s Stone became the largest independent record distributor in the Southeast, distributing for Atlantic, Warner Bros., Motown, Stax and many more. At the time these were all independent record labels. Stone started the Miami Music craze in the late 1960s with million sellers from artists like Beginning of the End “Funky Nassau”, Clarence Reid “Nobody But You Babe”, Betty Wright “Clean Up Woman” and others. Stone’s biggest label, TK Records, was founded in the 1970s and charted 23 gold and platinum records worldwide. He discovered KC & The Sunshine Band and other million sellers including George McCrae, Gwen McCrae, Latimore, Timmy Thomas, Peter Brown and many more.
Hidden Treasures is a collection of some of the Legendary Henry Stone’s favorite songs from his labels 1950 – 1980. Vol. 1.
To Order: Click the RED “Add To Cart” button below. Then, proceed to checkout.